BECOMING A NEW MEMBER - or Transferring from another chapter
1. Members must be true to one's profession and agree to uphold the mission statement of the FOOLS.
2. Prospective member must be sponsored by an active “South Florida F.O.O.L.S." chapter member. Prospective member must complete application and be present at a meeting for interview of active membership. Members not voted in must wait six (6) months before attempting process again.
3. Members must register and make a $20.00 donation to the “South Florida F.O.O.L.S." chapter.
***NOTE: The $20.00 "Donation" mentioned above is the Fools one time initiation fee. Dues are $20 per year due in December. If you join after October 1st you get credit for the next year. ****
4. Only members who are registered with the International shall be eligible to hold office in any FOOLS Organization.
5. Only members who are registered with the International shall be counted for delegate appointment, or International Committee representation.
6. New member must be sponsored by a member in good standing and submit an application which will be reviewed by the Selection Committee. The Selection Committee will then make a recommendation for Approval / Disapproval to the Executive Board.
1. Each member should participate in one meeting and one event per year. A member that is thirty (30) days late with their dues donation or, fails to participate in one meeting and one event per year of the chapters meetings and activities, or is removed by the Executive Board for disciplinary reasons, will be discharged from active membership of the "South Florida F.O.O.L.S.". The member(s) will be notified by the executive board. When a member wishes to be reinstated to the chapter, the member must be accepted through a new member process and become current on past dues.
2. Conduct unbecoming of an active member voted on by E-Board may remove active member status at any time.
1. "South Florida F.O.O.L.S." recognizes that FOOLS International restricts membership to career, volunteer or retired Firefighters only. Nevertheless, "South Florida F.O.O.L.S.” sees the benefit and unlimited opportunities in creating an Associate Membership to assist in chapter activities.
2. Associate members will be defined as those members who are associated with a fire department in a noncombat capacity.
3. Associate Membership of “South Florida F.O.O.L.S." will require the same new membership requirements, application and dues as active membership.
4. Associate Membership is restricted by FOOLS International that Associate members may not hold local chapter or international e-board positions and restricted from attending or voting on FOOLS International issues.
5. Associate members will be open to all functions and must maintain the same requirements listed for Active Membership.
6. If an Associate Member obtains a position as a combat fire fighter, the member status may be changed to Active Member and registered with FOOLS International. "South Florida F.O.O.L.S." recognizes that each member whether Active or Associate status to be an equally vital part of this chapter in our mission of Firefighters Giving Back to the Community.
CONDUCT UNBECOMING OF A FOOL
1. If at any time the affiliate chapter’s E-Board finds that a F.O.O.L.S. member from their chapter has acted in a way as to tarnish the F.O.O.L.S. name; the affiliate chapter can discipline the member as they deem appropriate, up to and including revoking the member’s Membership (member must relinquish his/her membership card).
2. Acts that tarnish the F.O.O.L.S. name consist of, but are not limited to:
a. Using the F.O.O.L.S. name for personal benefit; either F.O.O.L.S. International or an affiliate F.O.O.L.S. chapter.
b. Theft or fraud.
c. Accusations beyond a reasonable doubt with verifiable proof.
d. Any felony conviction.
e. Acting in a manner that brings disgrace to F.O.O.L.S. International or to an affiliate chapter.
f. Defamation of another F.O.O.L.S. member.
g. Any member whose behavior is illegal or unlawful shall have their membership REVOKED.
h. The action(s) of this member may cause their chapter’s charter to be revoked as well. ii. The International E-Board will be available to affiliate chapter E-Boards for guidance, but the decision will be made by the affiliate chapter.